» Tool Chest
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: City Issues
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Candidates Q&A Chat Posts Moved to the Forum

Author Post
editor
Mon Oct 17 2011, 08:42PM

{LOCATION}Posts: 236
The home page chat is really not a place for a continuing dialogue -- it should be for short one-time announcements -- and the Forum is a good place for continued discussion. Therefore, the recent chat about the Candidates Q&A on MountainParkLife has been moved here as an archive.

Editor Oct 5
Submit your questions for the City Council candidates to answer right here on a MPL online Q&A! Send your questions to -email- with a subject line Candidates Question. What do you want to know about the candidates’ skills and goals for your city? See more details: link

Gladney Oct 16 : 11:33
Trish, I dont know about the other two candidates, but I have not received any questions. Were the questions addressed to only the two Scotts?

Editor Oct 16 : 12:25
Gladney, We called your phone number, the only contact information we had for you, numerous times but there was no answer nor any voice mail for leaving messages. Please send your email address to editor at MountainParkLife.com, and we will send the questions to you. We look forward to your participation! FYI: We have left messages on a phone number supplied by City Hall for Ocoee, too, but have not received a response, and Cristina declined to participate.

Gladney Oct 16 : 14:25
Thanks Trish. Wondering if you have the correct telephone number. I havent changed the number since I moved here and the answering machine is catching messages so dont know what happened. 770-645-1393 -email-. Thanks for trying once more. I'll answer if the computer doesnt go down again

Editor Oct 16 : 19:34
Gladney, Thanks for the contact information. We did not have your correct phone number, nor did we have your email address. If you haven't checked your email already, you might want to check it because the questions are there in an email from me. We look forward to receiving your responses!

Client-9 Oct 17 : 09:48
"and Cristina declined to participate."
+++++++++++
Then she should drop out of the contest along with any candidate not easily contacted. These are representative positions, not ruling class appointments.

Just sayin'...

Editor Oct 17 : 16:36
The 2011 City Council Candidates Q&A! In The Stand: News!

Meet Scott Read: Click here: link

Meet Scott Mills: Click here:
link
mtnpark007
Wed Oct 19 2011, 01:21PM
Registered Member #488
{LOCATION}Posts: 1
My question to you is, why do you feel the need to "trash" the other candidates who declined to participate or did not comment on participating? This is not a city wide mandatory candidate information session- that is what candidate's night is for. You should be unbiased in your reporting. It's great that two candidates decided they would participate, but it doesn't mean that every other candidate HAS to. I think you are missing the point: no one is required to give YOU answers to the questions the "citizens" supposedly asked. I didn't ask any of those questions, so where did you get them from? And if people did email them in, well it is a SMALL percentage of the park, seeing as only 34 people have viewed this thread. For you to post commentary about conversations with candidates is catty. You are already trash talking before anyone has opened their mouth.

Maybe that is WHY people "declined to participate". It doesn't mean they "should drop out of the contest along with any candidate not easily contacted. These are representative positions, not ruling class appointments." I believe this board is just a place for people to take out their anger on others in the city. It's a place where the reports are biased and the information is false.

For the real information and the candidate's views on these issues, take your opinions and your questions to candidate's night, instead of hiding behind a computer, attacking people. Tomorrow night is candidate's night. Go.
editor
Thu Oct 20 2011, 04:18PM

Editor's note regarding the News story statement and references in this forum that Cristina Packham does not wish to participate in the MountainParkLife.com Candidates' Q&A.

The statement was incorrect and should have conveyed that Cristina Packham emailed she did not want to participate at that time and wanted to give more thought before responding.
Dual City Mike
Thu Oct 20 2011, 08:58PM
Registered Member #491
{LOCATION}Posts: 1
mtnpark007: To clarify, it might look like the Editor made the "drop out" comments, but they were made by the often indomitable "Client 9". All the comments appear under the Editor's post since they were moved to the Forum from the Home Page.
Is that correct, Editor?
Nice to see that there are now 124 views of the post! See y'all tonight.
editor
Thu Oct 20 2011, 10:23PM

Mike,
Yes, you are correct that the editor name is on the first thread post as the person compiling the chat box comments of a few different people. You will note that the first thread post now has the chat box poster's name in bold to make it clearer who commented about what. Thanks for clarifying what we didn't realize might be confusing.
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0509 sec, 0.0048 of that for queries.