· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Help Desk
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Join in the Santa Shop Gift Donation Drive!

Author Post
editor
Tue Dec 07 2010, 04:38PM

{LOCATION}Posts: 236
Give a gift to the Santa Shop of the North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC) and make a child smile on Christmas!

MountainParkLife is sponsoring a city gift drive for the third year in a row and will deliver the presents to the NFCC Holiday Distribution Site in Roswell on December 16.

Please bring a new, unwrapped gift to the side porch of City Hall where a MPL NFCC gift bin will be placed starting Friday, December 10 through noon on Thursday, December 16. Or, contact the editor @ mountainparklife.com for an individual drop off or pick up. You can also deliver your gift(s) personally to the Holiday Distribution Site specified in the link below (not to the regular NFCC building).

Families not participating in the NFCC Christmas Sponsored Family Program are able to come to the Santa Shop for gifts they cannot afford to buy for their children this year. More than 600 pre-approved families with children of all ages will count on the NFCC donations for a merry Christmas. With the assistance of personal shopper volunteers, parents select toys, clothing, gift cards and other items for their children and household.

What was your favorite Christmas present when you were a child? Why not buy that same gift for a child and relive memories? Or, take a look at the extensive list of gift ideas for infants, children and teens, from baby blankets and educational toys to sporting goods and make-up kits: link . $25 gift cards to Old Navy, Best Buy, Target, Claires, AMC, Kohl’s or WalMart are also appreciated for special gift shopping or putting Christmas dinner on the table. Whether costing $1 or $25, a Christmas gift brings joy.

Please spread the holiday cheer. Ask your neighbors and friends to join in the Santa Shop gift donation drive!
editor
Thu Dec 09 2010, 05:02PM

The North Fulton Community Charities newsletter says there are 1400 children enrolled in the Santa Shop gifts program!

Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to the covered dish dinner on Saturday December 11 or bring gifts to the City Hall side porch Friday, December 10 through noon on Thursday December 16 where MountainParkLife will put a collection bin for gifts. Let's help make Christmas very merry for a whole lot of children!
editor
Mon Dec 13 2010, 04:26PM

The latest update from NFCC is that although children's toys and cloths are still needed, teen items are in short supply. See some suggested gifts on the NFCC Holiday site. link

editor
Mon Dec 20 2010, 03:59PM

Many thanks to everyone that donated gifts for the North Fulton Community Charities Santa Shop! MPL delivered 4 large shopping bags full of gifts to the distribution site. The former department store floor was covered with bags and boxes of gifts, all waiting to make a merry Christmas for a family in crisis. As in past years, gifts from Mountain Park residents satisfied the broad variety of children’s interests, from books and dolls to crayons and trucks along with make up kits for teen girls. Lots of kids will be getting just what they want this year from Santa due to the generosity of Mountain Park residents! Thank you!
Patrick
Sun Dec 26 2010, 01:54AM

Registered Member #90
{LOCATION}Posts: 78
I missed this! My wife and I participated the past two years but I totally forgot this year. I really enjoy donating to NFCC they are top notch and affect families in the local area.
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0519 sec, 0.0060 of that for queries.