· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: City Issues
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Accountability

Author Post
GeorgeM
Fri Oct 29 2010, 08:47pm
Registered Member #390
{LOCATION}Posts: 26
When accountability is ultimately determined for the lake litigation disaster, the City Attorney needs to bear his share of the blame. Mr. Bowen is retained to advise the City on legal matters. He abdicated responsibility for the lake litigation from the outset - an inexcusable and irresponsible action by the man retained and paid as the legal counsellor to our City government. He should immediately be replaced.
JH
Fri Oct 29 2010, 10:59pm
Registered Member #256
{LOCATION}Posts: 40
You raise an interesting point, George. It seems apparent that litigation management and skilled oversight were absent in the lake litigation process.
JH
Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:17pm
Registered Member #256
{LOCATION}Posts: 40
After thinking about this whole situation last night and realizing just how bad this really has turned out, I felt like the city was lead down the wrong path. It is unfortunate that a certain element of the community misinterpreted your repeated attempts to alert the general public as a sign that you were against your community winning the lawsuit. It is a real shame that your efforts in reaching out to the mayor and council by offering guidance and "a way out of the woods" fell on deaf ears. I know Frank Baia also attempted to bring some sanity to the process and he was vilified, too.
Big Jon
Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:06pm
Registered Member #50
{LOCATION}Posts: 20
I personally believe that we do not have a bi-partisan or diverse enough local voting base or City goverment to effectively govern ourselves anymore in Mountain Park. Frank and George were treated very bad, they poured there hearts and souls into trying to save MP gcverment from itself. I am proud and love everybody in MP, even the ones I disagree with, I just want to tell Frank and George that I am so glad you both live in MP and I am proud to be your Neighbor.

Jon Wesley Braswell
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0410 sec, 0.0071 of that for queries.