· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: City Issues
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

City Maintenance - Needs Improvement

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
uptown girl
Tue Aug 31 2010, 01:37pm
Registered Member #427
{LOCATION}Posts: 2
This thread supposedly started as an alert for public safety and miraculously deteriorated to Lakes Litigation. I can't wait for the next election to see the amount of people we will have running for council.
JH
Tue Aug 31 2010, 02:55pm
Registered Member #256
{LOCATION}Posts: 40
After the next election, maybe the council will again be cut to a number that makes the most sense, like ZERO. MP is not a city folks.

Does anybody else find it interesting that:

1. Julia Neal didn't run again thus giving up her ability to continue to
personally sheperd the lawsuit along (trust me, she still is in the tent).
2. Claire-Murray Johnson didn't run last time either (she now gets paid to
participate in the litigation).
3. Leslie Wheeler did not run last time (we miss the laughs).
4. Debbie Upman did not run either (we miss anything?).
5. Schmidt left town (this proved to be a minor disruption, except dumpster).
6. Pulling didn't run and he has his house for sale (no yard sign though?!?).
7. Bob Douds has essentially resigned (that was long ago).
8. Frank had a belly full (see above list).

I suspect that some on the above list know what is likely coming our way (some of them were in closed litigation sessions and settlement meetings).
SP
Tue Aug 31 2010, 07:18pm
Registered Member #428
{LOCATION}Posts: 7
A closed meeting and allowing a special interest group doesn't sound right. Did they go into Executive Session and fulfill all of the criteria for this meeting? A notification for the closed meeting then did they vote publicly and is there a record of it?
There's got to be a Public Session with a notification for them to go into an Executive Session then public again to vote, it I understand this right and Executive Sessions have limitations on them.
The number of Executive Sessions is a separate and legitimate complaint. Why are there so many?

What meetings are "open?"

Any gathering of a quorum of the members of a governing body of an agency, or any committee or subcommittee of that governing body, where any public matter, official business or policy of the agency is to be discussed, presented, formulated or at which official action is to be taken, including even the making or consideration of recommendations, is a meeting required to be open under Georgia law. However, if a quorum of a governing body gathers solely for the purpose of making inspections of physical facilities under their jurisdiction or for the purpose of meeting with other governing bodies, officers, agents, or employees of other agencies at places outside of the geographical jurisdiction of the agency and at which no final official action is to be taken, such meetings are not covered under the Open Meetings Act.

link

link

If it was questionable, the only way to get an answer is to file a complaint to Stefan Ritter either by fax or mail. He then contacts the city for an explanation. There are time limits in all of this such as 90 days to go to Superior Court.

Stefan Ritter
fax 4/657-9932

Stefan Ritter
Ga. Dept of Law
40 Capital Square, SW

Grandma's Kid
Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:24am
Registered Member #59
{LOCATION}Posts: 118
Well, being accused of not thinking for myself is a first. Yes, I think taking legal action people for the irresponsible pollution of our lakes seems right and proper. It's just too easy to criticize the people making the hard decisions and doing the hard work. There are those who are doing all they can to destroy The City of Mountain Park. It seems incredible that some think that Roswell would care very much about governing Mountain Park. We are all tired of this lawsuit. We need to stop blaming each other and work together to make Mountain Park a nicer place to be. The blame belongs to the people who polluted our lakes. We need our lakes back!

Grandma's Kid
Nua Chua
Thu Sep 02 2010, 04:33am
Registered Member #165
{LOCATION}Posts: 103
My point was do you think that it doesn't matter if we manage the legal action incompetently or not against the people that want to destroy us?

This bet the farm approach was too risky.

I see this as an attorney who thought that we had no choice and we had a choice, while charging too much. The last opportunity for correcting this was at the settlement.

Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page   <<      
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0424 sec, 0.0076 of that for queries.