· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Guest Editorials
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Summer of Recovery???

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
Grandma's Kid
Thu Oct 07 2010, 09:28AM
Registered Member #59
{LOCATION}Posts: 118
Barack Obama There are nearly 3 million Americans who are working today thanks to the steps we've taken. “Voices of the Recovery Act” features workers whose jobs were saved or created by the Recovery act, telling their stories in their own words.

Online Map Collects Voices of the Recovery Act
link
If you have a story to tell about how a Recovery Act transportation project has helped you find or keep a job, upload your video to YouTube and email a link to -email-.

Grandma's Kid
Yuck Obama
Thu Oct 07 2010, 01:18PM
Registered Member #405
{LOCATION}Posts: 36
If you have a story about how you were able to make ends meet , but now you are one of the record number on food stamps (i.e. fed by taxpayers), don't bother going to another Kool-Aid party or wasting your time sitting on YouTube. Instead, remember in November and vote for our collective future: yours; mine; your kids and grandkids; and our great country.

Is this the change you expected? See Link
link

Karl
Grandma's Kid
Sat Oct 09 2010, 06:31PM
Registered Member #59
Speaking of the future and children and all-

Barack Obama If Republicans had their way, they'd cut education by 20 percent—cuts that would reduce financial aid for 8 million students. I’m not prepared to undercut our children's economic future, your economic future, or the economic future of the United States.

Weekly Address: Strengthening Education, Not Cutting It
link
In this week’s address, President Obama said that even as we work to rebuild our economy and jump-start job creation, it is imperative that we offer our children a quality education in order for America to succeed in the 21st century.

Grandma's Kid
Yuck Obama
Sat Oct 09 2010, 10:43PM
Registered Member #405
Taking BHO (or his teleprompter) at his word? My goodness, the naivete. The first part of H's federally mandated curriculum will require all subjects (students) to learn and perform the song: Barrack Hussein Obama, mmmm, mmmm, good.

Now back to the subject of economic recovery-the lack thereof. See Link
link

Karl
Grandma's Kid
Sun Oct 10 2010, 01:14AM
Registered Member #59
So I guess we agree we need to pick up the pace of the recovery. I think our president believes that. Got any ideas?

Grandma's Kid
Yuck Obama
Mon Oct 11 2010, 01:59PM
Registered Member #405
Ideas. For starters, get off the back of business and do something to help our country as opposed to spawning further attempts at destroying perceived political enemies. Business is not the enemy. Business creates real jobs and drives the economy. Hack politicians drive the economy too, into a ditch.
Enough already Dems! See Link
link

Karl
Grandma's Kid
Tue Oct 12 2010, 01:11AM
Registered Member #59
Deregulated unregulated banking and the defense industry got us into this mess. Corporations are not We The People and I don't appreciate it that Republicans in power for eight years before the Democrats took over turned our budget surplus into a huge debt. Glad you mentioned the ditch Republicans drove our economy into. Now you want us to give back the keys to our economy to Republicans before the paint dries on the repairs. If it wasn't so sad it'd be funny. I like the vehicle in the ditch analogy. Democrats should hold onto the keys though.

Grandma's Kid
Grandma's Kid
Tue Oct 12 2010, 01:14AM
Registered Member #59
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) VIDEO: Christine O’Donnell can’t be trusted with taxpayer dollars...

Responsible
link
Christine O'Donnell might talk about controlling spending on the campaign trail, but all evidence points to her being completely fiscally irresponsible.

Grandma's Kid
Grandma's Kid
Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:10PM
Registered Member #59
Personal responsibility and a level playing field-
link

Grandma's Kid
Yuck Obama
Thu Oct 14 2010, 02:32PM
Registered Member #405
Oh poo, I was thinking about voting for O'Donnell.

Karl
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page   <<        >>  
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0570 sec, 0.0051 of that for queries.