· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: City Issues
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Who's the idiot that Stole the baby swan

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Devils Advocate
Sun Jul 05 2009, 06:11am
Registered Member #392
{LOCATION}Posts: 3
WFT? I mean it was bad some local yocal's got together and shipped off the only good symbol mountain park has left( the swans) but even more sick if the dumb a** that caught and sold off our new baby swans. So what - one was a runt but it the law of nature to push away and even kill off the runt. That is like so stupid - forgeta bout it!. So what if a few annoying ducks got in the way a a smarter and stronger fowl, they had to go to.
I think we as citizens should be allowed to take some of nature's laws into our own hands. Maybe we could treat these ingrates like they have treated our community swans and capture them and sell the off to another community.
Just playing the devil's advocate but we really suck as a community. People who aren't even living inside this community I have heard are he;ping make these decisions. Again WTF? I give up. Gotta put out house up for sale. The city s broker that dirt and the future's looking even worse.
How can anyone even dare to reply with anything close to some type of sensible answer. Geez!!! I don't know folks - y'all need a checkup from the neck-up. thanks for nothing. D. A.

Sick of some of these mountain park people
JH
Fri Jul 10 2009, 03:05am
Registered Member #256
{LOCATION}Posts: 40
You should resign your position.
Wild Magnolia
Mon Jul 20 2009, 02:58pm
Registered Member #163
{LOCATION}Posts: 44
Ditto on JH's suggestion to you DA. Additionally, you might want to hit your spell check before submitting your blogs. Just a thought.
Devils Advocate
Sun Jul 26 2009, 01:08pm
Registered Member #392
"Mountain Park swans are history"

link

I don't know how you use these tools on the bottom of the chat window but I try. Talking to some of the residents around the lake and they are so upset that there a certain people in mountain park were judge, jury, and executioner s on the swan issue. One older lady I interviewed was talking with a tears her in her eye. People actually are mad that Romeo is no longer hear and actually told people that this type of behavior was always a possibility when messing with the swans natural habitat.

Once again, "you people" suck for interfering. We would all trade a couple of dead ducks for a Swan.
Why did we push Romeo into having a mate and youngins????

Our council and 'law suit committees' are killing off this city. Why don't these Swan 'stealers' go after them next and be useful. They deserve some of this gang mentality.
Good day mates. D.A.

used spell check on 7-26-09

Devils Advocate
Sun Jul 26 2009, 01:19pm
Registered Member #392
JH - what are you talking about? What position? Are you someone who aided in the Swan removal? Your reply was not valid.

Keith
Tue Jul 28 2009, 08:11pm
Registered Member #46
{LOCATION}Posts: 158
In the FWIW category, here's a story about the swans from the AJC:

link
D,S&J
Thu Jul 30 2009, 04:56pm
Registered Member #24
{LOCATION}Posts: 57
The swans were not in their natural habitat, were not wild birds but captively bread & were infact a predatory invasive species. Romeo was purchased by & for Brookfield CC, but moved on to our lakes. We should have returned him when he showed-up as he was their responsibility then. Once we let him stay he became our responsibility.

We never should have gotten Romeo a new mate when the first one croaked. But if he had moved on his own we could have been forced to take him back as they are considered invasive. The DNR considers them domestic and invasive and not wildlife.

As a bird sanctuary we should not have birds that are domestic and are killing the wildlife.

I think you will see that more wild birds and not just ducks will return to the lakes with the removal of the "bully". Things like green herons, great blue herons and others; a natural order.

http://www.answers.com/topic/mute-swan

Would you defend Kudzu if it were beautiful?

You suggest that we are wasting our money on the lawsuit and while I hate that it is being dragged on I submit to you that it is the defendants that are doing this & it seems to be breaking our resolve. So, we have a theme that we should allow the bullies to do as they please. The lakes need to be cleaned-up. We were either doing it on our own (at an estimated cost of 2.5 million from what I read) or asking those responsible to pony up. At least this way we have a chance to recoup the investment.

And what's with all the hate, geez relax. . .

Wild Magnolia
Thu Jul 30 2009, 06:46pm
Registered Member #163
{LOCATION}Posts: 44
Well done D,S & J!!!!! With you all the way regarding taking accountability and responsibility for our city! Love the idea of removing bullies from Mt.Park. Wouldn't life be good if we could relocate all the negativity. Simpler to say the least.

Not sure where DA is getting information from but clearly it is misinformation.
Again thanks for setting the record straight and taking the time to share. A breath of fresh air.
raleigh cannon
Thu Jul 30 2009, 10:37pm
Registered Member #15
{LOCATION}Posts: 19
Now that the City has gotten rid of the killer swans, maybe it can get rid of some real predators. Have a day when we can shoot turtles. Hauling off beavers would be a blessing as well.
Raleigh Cannon
HelenAnn
Sat Aug 01 2009, 01:12am
Registered Member #282
{LOCATION}Posts: 20
Let's hope we're not reborn a turtle then. I like what Mitch Miller used to sing, "Be kind to your web footed friends.....for a duck (turtle) may be somebody's mother." Seems to me that humans are the worst predators of all.

Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page       >>  
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0677 sec, 0.0116 of that for queries.