· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Consumer Affairs
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

POOl NEWS

Author Post
Marvin
Sat Apr 18 2009, 08:36PM
Registered Member #65
{LOCATION}Posts: 14

POOL NEWS

April 18, 2009
The good news: pool tag fees are the same as last year – there has been no price increase. THE BETTER NEWS: SAVE FIVE PERCENT ON POOL TAGS ORDERED BEFORE MAY 15! BUY NOW FOR THE VALUE!

The 2009 rates are for residents
At $55 for an adult, $40 for a child (age two and up) and $230 for a family pass (up to four children), pool tags are a great summer fun value. Daily passes are $5, and a residential punch Card (10 Passes at $40) can be purchased if you have a seasonal pool tag.
Nonresident pool tag fees are $100 for an adult, $65 dollars for a child, and $350 for a family (up to four children household). Tags are on sale now at City Hall.

To express your pool tag registration, print the Registration Form
link
and Authorization Form (to treat a minor, age 16 and under), if needed
link
Complete the form(s) at home, then conveniently zip through registration at City Hall.

A new service has been added this year. The pool facilities can be rented for after-hour events between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. at the rate of $100 for residents and $150 for nonresidents. Renters must supply lifeguards for the number of guests at their own expense. A refundable deposit $100.00 will be required for each rental and security requirements will be determined administratively based on the capacity head count in capacity.
To all water bill customers you are now eligible to purchase Pool tags at the resident rate this year 2009
We also need volunteers at the swimming pool to help get ready for this year I need your ideas and your help! We need to put to the fence together, rain barrels up, clean up the kitchen,
work days will be:
Saturday, May 2 nine till noon
Sunday May 3, one to four
Saturday May 9 noon till four
Sunday, May 10 times are not set and I'm open for your ideas on what we would like to do this year I also would like to have a calendar where we can fill in events at the pool
Kijamo
Sun Apr 19 2009, 01:22PM
Registered Member #35
{LOCATION}Posts: 42
Thanks Marvin.

I can't mke it on the 2nd but am happy to help on the other dates.

When is opening day at the pool?

Kijamo
Jim Wright
Tue Apr 21 2009, 02:25PM
Registered Member #70
{LOCATION}Posts: 246
It seems doubtful that many non-resident potential customers will see this information unless disseminated through other means. Of course the water customers can be addressed by an insert in their utility bill, but others...

A couple of unsolicited but experienced observations:

"THE BETTER NEWS: SAVE FIVE PERCENT ON POOL TAGS ORDERED BEFORE MAY 15! BUY NOW FOR THE VALUE!"

1. Why give an early purchase incentive discount with the knowledge that the typical purchaser will purchase anyway, regardless the nominal discount. Any earned interest on banked early receipts can't amount to much more than pennies. The discount on a single pass equals $2.75 and for the family pass $11.50. Why leave this money on the table when the pool is already run at a loss year in and year out? The city needs the money!!!

"To all water bill customers you are now eligible to purchase Pool tags at the resident rate this year 2009"

2. The owners of property in the city subsidize the pool operation through a portion of their property taxes, which are already too high and likely to go up in the near future for several reasons. The non-resident water customers are almost all located in Roswell and enjoy much lower taxes while receiving much better services for the tax dollar. Why in the world would our citizens be essentially asked to pay a disproportionate share of the expense to operate a pool they own, so that non-resident/non-taxpayers can benefit??? What about non-resident property owner/taxpayers that are not water customers (no house yet)??? If the explanation is that there will be more participation then so be it, but is this policy supported by hard data? Roswell doesn't discount parks and recreation services made available to non-residents. Granted, they may not have all the answers, but there must be a good reason for their policy.

Marvin
Thu Apr 23 2009, 01:27AM
Registered Member #65
{LOCATION}Posts: 14
Pool opens Saturday May 23,2009
thanks Jim
Its good to hear that you and your family will be joining this year.
We need more members.
Jim Wright
Thu Apr 23 2009, 12:43PM
Registered Member #70
{LOCATION}Posts: 246
Dear Marvin,

I appreciate your words of thanks and your service to our community.

If my comments made you feel uneasy or hurt, please understand that was not my intent. You and I have been friendly for many years and it would be a shame to let a little constructive criticism cause either of us to make snide remarks towards the other. Try to not take it personal my friend.

If you have comments directly related to my post, I and perhaps others would like to read about the insight and thought process behind the early-bird discount and non-resident subsidy programs. Thanks Marvin.
Kijamo
Thu Apr 23 2009, 04:29PM
Registered Member #35
{LOCATION}Posts: 42
Thanks Marvin.

See you at clean up.

Kijamo
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.1668 sec, 0.1177 of that for queries.