· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Help Desk
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Is anyone else still without cable television?

Author Post
Trish
Thu May 22 2008, 10:33PM
Registered Member #10
{LOCATION}Posts: 89
Charter is saying that all of Mountain Park has cable tv now, and the problem we are experiencing will require a service house call on Sunday. However, if others are still out, we all can get a different service sooner. Please post if you are without service, too. Thanks.
Marvin
Sat May 24 2008, 01:39AM
Registered Member #65
{LOCATION}Posts: 14
WE do not have cable!!
mikeandchuck
Sun Aug 31 2008, 10:57PM
Registered Member #359
{LOCATION}Posts: 1
we're moving to mountain park and i am trying to figure out the cable service provider choices - are there no choices besides Charter? thank for your help!

mikeandchuck

Trish wrote ...

Charter is saying that all of Mountain Park has cable tv now, and the problem we are experiencing will require a service house call on Sunday. However, if others are still out, we all can get a different service sooner. Please post if you are without service, too. Thanks.

Scott McKay
Mon Sep 01 2008, 02:19AM
Registered Member #85
{LOCATION}Posts: 71
My Charter cable is working fine & dandy ... even the HD service ... and high speed internet.

For those of you without cable, the good reception is broadcasting Hurricane Gustav bearing straight for the Big Easy & it's size is virtually as big as the Gulf itself ... t'is making me a bit pensive.

I'll be working tomorrow (Labor Day), so any of you out & about, come into Home Depot & pay me a visit (suspect it'll be sorta slow & boring).

Scott McKay
Trish
Mon Sep 01 2008, 10:22PM
Registered Member #10
{LOCATION}Posts: 89
mikeandchuck,
Welcome to Mountain Park! We have no choice in the city for cable tv -- Charter is the only game in town. I agree with Scott that the cable tv works pretty reliably but, if you have a problem, the wait time for repair can be pretty long. Be prepared.

Regarding the Charter Internet service, ours was horrible. It constantly went down, and we had an average three day wait for repair. The last time, Charter quoted a seven day wait for repair. Needless to say, we immediately ordered Bell South high speed service. I believe we have had the Bell South service for about two years now and have had no problems at all.

(FYI: This thread, started when some of us were without cable after the tornado episode earlier this year, was not due to some city-wide issue with Charter. Our cable problem, in this instance, was caused by a downed line.)

EJ
Wed Sep 03 2008, 10:10AM
Registered Member #22
{LOCATION}Posts: 86
Direct TV is way better. We switched in March and are extremely thrilled with the service reception, quality and especially the HD compared to Charter.
Charter was a 5 on a scall of 1-10 and Direct TV gets a 9.

Let me know if interested and I can give you a reference code where I get $50.00 and the new customer gets $50.00. If changing from Charter, there are also hundred of dollars of rebates and free installtion of 4 boxes.
I was shocked on how much better it was and the cost work out the same across a one year period.

EJ
Scott McKay
Wed Sep 03 2008, 04:15PM
Registered Member #85
{LOCATION}Posts: 71
I originally had DirectTV and dumped that dish because I was assured by the technician that the dish had sufficient line-of-site to the northern sky to get both regular & HD reception ... was good for a couple of months, then NADA.

The reception on DirectTV goes haywire during storms & the customer service sucks to highHeaven ... afterall, they are in bed with AT&T.

Now I am with Charter and am very happy ... so far.

Scott McKay
EJ
Thu Sep 04 2008, 09:52AM
Registered Member #22
{LOCATION}Posts: 86
Scott,
I would love to go through the pros and cons one sunny afternoon on the weekend. I guess ones preference is based on experience but I still would recommend anyone with a sightline to the SOuthern Sky, it is extremely worth it. We have only had about 10 minutes of no-service in the past 9 months and even during the power outages, I can crank up the generator and have TV and the phone still works.
Amazing to me.
Charter worked good when it was up and running but if you switch to their phone service, well, that can be quite an experience when the billing comes.

EJ
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0548 sec, 0.0055 of that for queries.