· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Guest Editorials
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Mountain Park Fan

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Superman
Sat Feb 23 2008, 06:35PM
Registered Member #301
{LOCATION}Posts: 7
I don't know about the rest of the city, but instead of placing so much focus on the alleged secrecy of the council activities, I wish the members who publish the one-sided opinions in the Mountain Park Fan would make themselves known. It's amazing how much time anjd money they have to publish this newsletter, and it apears to be little more than political banter meant to look like it has some basis in fact.
Kijamo
Sat Feb 23 2008, 08:03PM
Registered Member #35
{LOCATION}Posts: 42
Superman,
Sorry I missed your post before I sent mine just now.......... I've asked to be taken off their newsletter and email lists, but sporadically their venemous junk arrives in my mailbox or email. See the response I received to my request to be taken off their email list. Good grief....

Kijamo
Grandma's Kid
Sat Feb 23 2008, 10:07PM
Registered Member #59
{LOCATION}Posts: 118
Reasonable people can disagree. But, I must say that the opinions expressed in the FAN are both ignorant and mean spirited. I feel compelled to challenge the so called facts presented in the FAN. The natural sources that brought silt into Lake Garrett left lake Garrett a clean blue green for fifty years until an upstream developer nearly filled our lake with silt within just a short time of building. With an out of court settlement money was spent to dredge Lake Garrett. The next development created the "Isle of Had" siltation a few years after that. We lived with that for a short time until subsequent developments silted Lake Garrett so that now it is nearly full of silt again. Our lawyers have thousands of pages of documentation real facts that link the siltation to the defendants. Not just "some" silt but a lot of silt. There has not been any misleading information from our City Council. There has been a lot of fear mongering by the FAN.

Grandma's Kid
grannybee5
Sun Feb 24 2008, 11:34PM
Registered Member #240
{LOCATION}Posts: 49
i've never gotten this fan letter. heard it mentioned. do they put it on mailboxes? i'd like to read one. see what it's all about. it seems to me if some folks don't like it they could throw it away. maybe others want to read it. lots of secret govt going on in the past. we need open govt. i say yes to freedom of speech in m.p. god bless america.
Keith
Mon Feb 25 2008, 03:41PM
Registered Member #46
{LOCATION}Posts: 158
I think some folks are missing the point of the MP Fan, especially on this latest issue....

The point (I believe, and NO I'm not responsible for any content) is that we ought to be informed about the following:

1. The lakes do have a history of accumulating silt. There is legal documentation that may make our case more difficult.
2. The city is spending an enormous amount of $ on this suit
3. The projected cost of this litigation could outstrip the finanical income of this city.

Don't shoot the messengers people.

Read, investigate whether the facts are true and then make an INFORMED decision.
Superman
Mon Feb 25 2008, 06:30PM
Registered Member #301
{LOCATION}Posts: 7
Thanks for the summary of the latest letter - Let's cut to the chase........
1. If the Fan(atic) is so concerned about the alleged secrecy of the council, why is the pot calling the kettle black, and why would they remain totally anonymous (although I'm sure I could name with incredible accuracy at least 3 of them)? Why don't they have the decency to go public with who theyare?
2. Why would the Fan(atic) put in a public forum any of the issues that the defense would be presenting? Could it be they have gone to the dark side?
3. If the member of Fan(atic) have enough intelligence (and legal knowledge) to know what's going with the litigation, why don't they have enough respect for the privacy of what the attorney has requested stay as part of executive privilege? Seems to be a reasonable request.
4. I wonder what has caused the bitterness and hatred behind the members of the Fan(atic)? Prior bad experiences with the city? If that's the case - then I would suggest they save the money they're paying to produce and mail the Fan(atic), and contribute it towards the cause they claim to support

Kijamo
Mon Feb 25 2008, 08:40PM
Registered Member #35
Missing the point, not one bit, there are many points and I feel confident I get them all. I am suggesting that the messenger has a very ugly and questionable way of presenting "information". The purpose of communication is supposed to be to to share thoughts and opinions. While there may be some thoughts and opinions respresented in the "newsletter" there is a great deal of bashing and skewering. If the purpose of the newsletter is simply to inform I can't imagine why there would be so much emotion wrapped up in it.

Hiding is cowardice. MPFAN is like the schoolyard bully who knocks some one around and then runs away so he won't get caught. If your views represent the MAJORITY IN MOUNTAIN PARK why on earth is it that neither I nor anyone I know is aware of the name of a person who has acknowledged membership?

Are you like the KKK, only instead of hiding under sheets you are hiding behind a newsletter??????????

Kijamo
Keith
Mon Feb 25 2008, 11:14PM
Registered Member #46
{LOCATION}Posts: 158
Like I said I didn't have anything to do with the content. If I had I would have crafted the message a bit differently.

I would have done the following:

a. Defined the problem
b. Offered a solution
c. What we need from the community
d. And answered the question...Why you should participate/care.

I dont care if you don't like the person(s) who are producing this, but if the facts are true (and you can check out the facts as there are public records available) this can significantly and negatively impact our city's financial stability.

If the city incurs this massive amount of debt there will be people trying to figure out how to finance the debt...in most governments (state, city, federal, etc) that means it will be passed along to the citizens, i.e. in the form of increased taxes.

I would encourage each of us to separate the emotion from the letter. Yes, it could have been written a bit less sensationally, but the fact of the matter is that it would appear we are heading into a financial crisis.
Wild Magnolia
Wed Feb 27 2008, 03:20AM
Registered Member #163
{LOCATION}Posts: 44
JUST SAY NO TO MPFAN!!!!!!!!!!
They do not speak for the majority (as witnessed on 2/25/8). Some say that they smell a rat! Others say that there is a horsefly sitting on council'S shoulders. Either way a solution to the matter is to SQUASH the varmit!
Here is something to ponder. Who is this selective group? The FANS who supports and contributies to these malice accusations, blatant misinformation ,selectively (also known as discrimination)distributing litters, secretive group? Not only did they swift the campaign losing valuable candidates .They have cost the city & citizens more money with their continued attacks hendering the city from moving forward . Why are they afraid to come out of the closet?
BIG THANKS to Ben Counter who stood up at the 2/25/8 council meeting denouncing the latest MPFAN litter.It was wonderful . THANK YOU BEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully
Wild Magnolia
Leslie Wheeler
Kijamo
Wed Feb 27 2008, 05:14PM
Registered Member #35
Keith and others,

The issue I take with MPFAN has nothing to do with disliking a person........ I do not know who MPFAN represents or who the members are. People can disagree about anything including the facts, or interpretation of the facts. My issue is that when people REALLY WANT TO SOLVE problems they usually do so in a manner that encourages thoughtful, forthright back and forth dialogue.

The manner in which MPFAN operates is not one that encourages dialogue. It is like a mudslinging event or one where he who shouts loudest and longest convinces himself he is the "winner". LISTENING IS A KEY TO SOLVING CONFLICT. MPFAN seems to be listening only to itself and hoping that by attacking the conscience and credibility of people who interpret the facts differently they will convince others to hop on board. MPFAN appears to take the approach of polarizing and treating those who differ as opponents instead of seeking to find common ground and build from there in order to best address the needs of our community.

I don't know all the facts, but I do believe that there is no one on city council (now or in the past) who would INTENTIONALLY misrepresent the facts as alleged by MPFAN. That is a reckless accusation. So for the record, based on the writings in MPFAN, I believe that the members of MPFAN are EITHER LACKING THE SKILL OR DESIRE TO PROBLEM SOLVE.

If they are lacking the skill that might explain the resistance to come out from hiding. However, in a group purported to represent THE MAJORITY in Mountain Park, I know there is SOMEONE, SOMEONE, even JUST ONE PERSON with this skill within the ranks of MPFAN. Unless of course there is a member or members who have this skill, but they do not have THE DESIRE to problem solve.

Surely by now the members of MPFAN are beginning to realize that there is very little dialogue about the information they are attempting to disseminate and there is a good bit about their methods.

Anyone can create conflict, it takes skill and the desire to work through it to solve conflict.

Namaste
Jane King

Kijamo
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page       >>  
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0637 sec, 0.0068 of that for queries.