· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Guest Editorials
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Actual Police Report names Councilman. Was he intoxicated during meeting?

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
elton
Sun Oct 28 2007, 07:50PM
Registered Member #87
{LOCATION}Posts: 16
If someone does take the chance of reprisal from certain public officials and files the formal complaint, it should include what I think is the real ethics crime, demanding the police arrest a citizen for a minor incident. Whether the council man was under the influence or not, resident Bill Pulliam’s arrest was the real crime committed by Bill Pulling.
Vocalocal
Sun Oct 28 2007, 09:26PM
Registered Member #67
{LOCATION}Posts: 64
amen brother
Kijamo
Wed Oct 31 2007, 09:05PM
Registered Member #35
{LOCATION}Posts: 42
Surely there is a red dress with a stain.................

Kijamo
Jim Wright
Wed Oct 31 2007, 09:26PM
Registered Member #70
{LOCATION}Posts: 246
There were probably orange jumpsuits at the jail where a long time member of the community was incarcerated overnight. A member whose health was directly and adversely affected by the unnecessary ordeal.
Jim Wright
Tue Nov 06 2007, 02:31PM
Registered Member #70
Veteran's Day is this Sunday. Thank you Bill Pulliam.
Name4
Sat Nov 10 2007, 03:39AM
Registered Member #176
{LOCATION}Posts: 35
Lets clear this up instead of making it someone elses pupet of politics. The man was arrested, the man is in declining health (my prayers are with you), and the man is a veteran. The last two are important, but the bottom line is the police officer heard enough to warrent his arrest. Mr. Wright how about we Thank all veterans and not just the one that you can flaunt for your own gain.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously. ~ Hubert H Humphry
Jim Wright
Sun Nov 11 2007, 01:19AM
Registered Member #70
Dear Name 4:
While I am not sure what point you are trying to make, I am sure that you have missed my point. I fail to see what I could gain from publicly thanking a particular veteran for his service to our country, one who also happens to be my neighbor and is now again fighting for his life. My comment was offered out of honor and compassion. I have made it a practice to personally thank veterans for years and will do so again this Veterans Day. I feel very fortunate to have not been called to serve and respect those that were.

You do whatever you feel is appropriate and don't waste your time focusing on me or my motives. It is not about either of us, whoever you are. It is about our veterans.
Scott McKay
Sun Nov 11 2007, 01:50AM
Registered Member #85
{LOCATION}Posts: 71
As a veteran myself (Sgt / USAF / 1974-1979), I would like to thank all those that stepped up to the plate, giving up their time and risking their lives to keep us all free ...

Thank You!

Scott McKay
Jim Wright
Thu Nov 15 2007, 03:53AM
Registered Member #70
I don't know how the rest of you feel about this, but my instincts tell me that OUR community needs closure on this matter. The RPD incident report is something that can not be ignored or dismissed. Councilman William C. Pulling, who by his own admission will not read this post, deserves a public hearing pursuant to our Ethics Code. Only then will he and we move on.

I was not there on July 16th, but I have heard the audio recording and read the police report. Unfortunately, Bill Pulliam will probably never be in a position to file a sworn ethics complaint or seek justice. This troubles me.

Who knows where this will end, but ignoring the apparent seriousness of the details enumerated in the police report only enables and fosters rumor mongering. We must move beyond rumors, gossip, and character assassination and be willing to face the facts and deal fairly with the situations which present themselves to us as a community.

If closure comes as the result of a sworn ethics complaint, and if Bill Pulliam is unable to endure the process, then someone else must step forward. I will contact his family.

Wild Magnolia
Fri Nov 16 2007, 02:01PM
Registered Member #163
{LOCATION}Posts: 44
It seems as though you are the only one that has trouble with the alledged asumption against Councilman Pulling.At this point you are trying to start yet another issue to waste the tax payers monies! It is time that you let it go Mr Wright! Lets continue to move forward instead of backwards!
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page   <<        >>  
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0563 sec, 0.0059 of that for queries.