· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: Guest Editorials
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Actual Police Report names Councilman. Was he intoxicated during meeting?

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Jim Wright
Mon Sep 24 2007, 05:52PM
Registered Member #70
{LOCATION}Posts: 246
In the opinion of this citizen, after carefully reading the Roswell Police Incident Report, linked below as the full unedited three pages, responsible citizens of Mountain Park should be left with serious concerns about the elected official’s actions the night of the incident. Read the report for yourself and reach your own conclusions.
http://mpwatchdogs.com/RPD_INCIDENT_REPORT.html

I did not personally witness the events cited in this troubling Police Report, but it remains public record and is an official report on file at the Roswell Records Room. Unless you were in attendance at this Council meeting, and have additional knowledge of what happened, we both must rely on the information as formally reported by Officer Coombs who was there, and combine that report with the audio available here in the Media Center; City Council Proceedings Audio; Regular Council Meeting July 16, 2007 to form an opinion. The details are indeed alarming, and while I am not alleging guilt or innocence, make no mistake I do have serious concerns about the information presented in this report.

The three elements of the report causing me the most concern are:
1) A councilman is formally reported to appear intoxicated to a trained police officer, this during the time while in attendance; while deliberating; and casting votes at a council meeting.
2) A councilman it seems may be giving untrue or at least contradictory statements to a police officer.
3) A councilman seems to have actually demanded the arrest of a citizen of Mountain Park on assault charges and then makes the ridiculous suggestion that the accused citizen be held in jail for several days pending the production of evidence. Why not simply a court summons? There was no eminent danger.

An investigation may be appropriate to determine all the facts, gain the testimony of our fellow citizens who witnessed this seemingly outrageous incident and to determine what, if any action is warranted. At the very minimum some form of formal investigation, probably a Citizen Ethics action, should be immediately called for and undertaken as quickly as possible to resolve properly, what appears to be a serious matter. At the minimum the public trust has been compromised, and maybe worse. We have enough candidates to fill a vacated seat during the upcoming elections if necessary.
Cheerful Garrett
Tue Sep 25 2007, 04:59PM
Registered Member #118
{LOCATION}Posts: 186
Nice work Jim Wright. Thanks for putting that up.

How Bizarre!!! Why wasn't Pulling arrested, as well; for public intoxication and lying to the police?

After listening to the video of the tape, the City Council were very quick to say "Call Roswell."

We have some real rude folks in our City Government. If you don't believe it, just listen to some of the meetings.

Of course, it just continues the long standing tradition at the City meetings of not allowing people to speak, being cut off when they don't want to hear you, and passing laws and ordinances in a sneaky way. As well as holding some citizens to the law, but giving others a free pass.
Tim
Wed Sep 26 2007, 08:30PM
Registered Member #75
{LOCATION}Posts: 59
Didn't we have some type of investigation into the handling of the situation when a councilman had an issue with some prom picture takers unsafe parking at city hall? Does this not rise to the same level of concern with the rest of council & mayor?!?
E.T. Bass
Thu Sep 27 2007, 12:39AM
Registered Member #152
{LOCATION}Posts: 76
Yeah, but that was Frank. He's not in their "club".
Dutch Uncle
Thu Sep 27 2007, 03:49PM
Registered Member #120
{LOCATION}Posts: 54
An ethics investigation of this matter is warranted and inevitable. This matter is undoubtedly a prickly situation for Councilman Pulling and he should be given an opportunity to explain his conduct. All we have seen at this point is the police report portrayal of the circumstances. If the assertions in the report are indeed factual then Coucilman Pulling is left with some obvious options. He can ignore the topic and assume this community will accept abhorrent behavior of an elected official; he can wait on the inevitable complaint and challenge the police officer; or he can put the good of the community ahead of his own interests and resign. The citizens of our city can be spared the distraction of an investigation, as well as its associated costs, by Councilman Pulling displaying personal integrity. We all make mistakes and need to be held accountable. In matters of public service and public trust the standards are much higher, this by design.
EJ
Thu Sep 27 2007, 11:29PM
Registered Member #22
{LOCATION}Posts: 86
Aren't the council meetings keg parties anyways?
I heard next month they are having a Toga Party! Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!Tow-Ga!!

EJ
E.T. Bass
Fri Sep 28 2007, 01:57AM
Registered Member #152
{LOCATION}Posts: 76
What is your point EJ?
Cheerful Garrett
Sun Sep 30 2007, 12:54AM
Registered Member #118
{LOCATION}Posts: 186
I understand that from now on Breathalyzer Tests will be required at the Council meetings. And Police Road blocks will be set up to check Council members driving to City Hall.
Bill Schmidt
Sun Sep 30 2007, 02:11AM
Registered Member #68
{LOCATION}Posts: 141
I understand that Bill Pulling will not be afforded the same courtesies as Ben Counter, Jim Wright and Frank Baia.

Those courtesies to include:

A formal complaint being filed.

A review of said complaint by a select committee of council

and if necessary a hearing by a group of citizens selected from the pool.

Due process:
That must just be some people talking.

EJ
Sun Sep 30 2007, 02:51AM
Registered Member #22
{LOCATION}Posts: 86
Point?????
Why must I have a point??? So much of this is pointless in the first place. Many do not care, others feel it is time to move on and then some just shrug their shoulder's and say "that's Mountain Park for ya".
So my point is that there is no point. Fuhgeddaboutit!!!!!

Now some may think of something witty and thought provoking to say about my comments but it 'ain't " about me. I had an opening to put my 2 cents in and I did. Please don't read my posts ecpecting to find a point, a reason or any type of great insight. Sometimes the readers need to see the lighter side of things and how really 'un-important' things really are. Got some folks who take themselves way too seriously and can't get past some really trivial things. "Blank" or get off the pot - iz what I says!
D,S & J ---what do you think?

EJ
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Go to page       >>  
Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.0578 sec, 0.0054 of that for queries.