· Polls
 · About
 ·
 ·
 ·

Chatbox
bullet editor
Jun 01 : 17:00
Members, post announcements in the Chat that don't seem to fit in the Forum such as Happy Birthday, Welcome New Baby, etc. Get "social."

Forums
Mountain Park Life :: Forums :: MP Improvement Club
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Privacy fence for the pool? Other needed repair work?

Author Post
Mike Pate
Wed Aug 03 2005, 10:53PM
Registered Member #43
{LOCATION}Posts: 2
What about putting a privacy fence around the pool? Maybe even redoing the half-baked repair job on the existing section. Do we really need to put that area on display? A fresh coat of paint would do wonders for the diving board and lifeguard stand, which are coated with rust.
I also think someone needs to look into the walking bridge over the dam. Several pickets are missing. One section has a huge gap. Just the right size for a child to fall through.
Focus on cleaning the lakes is great but let's not let everything else fall into ruin.
Cheers
Mike Pate
Justine
Fri Aug 05 2005, 03:15PM
Registered Member #26
{LOCATION}Posts: 49
Mike,

Those of us who frequent the pool on the weekends (cause we're working during the week :) go figure) have come to the same conclusion as yourself. We need a bit of a work day for the pool area. I spent last weekend with a friend turning the sitting area into a bit of a cabana-type-thing. I dont' expect miracles and I certainly don't expect to be reimbursed. I love the pool and so does my family. If you're in the neighborhood this weekend, stop by the cabana *grin* and let's talk about what we can do.

Thanks.

And so it is
Justine
Fri Aug 05 2005, 03:19PM
Registered Member #26
And Mike, you can also post to the Yacht Club forum as you'll find most of the roll up your sleeves and get it done folks are members of that family :)

Take Care

And so it is
Mike Pate
Sat Aug 13 2005, 11:03PM
Registered Member #43
{LOCATION}Posts: 2
Is that what it is going to take? The residents shelling out of their pocket on top of taxes and doing the work? I thought the city had a maintenance guy or a guy that drives around in a white truck anyway. I have not joined the pool but shouldn't the people that do pay money get something for it? I realize the chemicals cost and lifeguards etc... But, I think for the taxes paid and the fee for swimming a little revamp of the fence and other items should get squeezed in the budget. It is part of the city and as such should get some attention.
I did notice your work on the area over there. It does liven it up. And of course the traditional Mtn Park blue roof. Hahaha kidding, kidding.

Justine
Mon Aug 15 2005, 07:32PM
Registered Member #26
Sad but true Mike. I'm actually afraid that one of the first things the city will STOP funding in the future is the swimming pool. Since I've yet to see the Mayor anywhere near the pool...ever... and only a few council folks drop by occasionally, it certainly doesn't appear to be high on anyone's list of city priorities. They barely manage to keep up with cutting the grass on the green. They don't enforce the catch and release rules for fishing (or fishing licences for that matter) I wouldn't DREAM of asking them to help with the pool.

But I can tell you that there are plenty of us, adults and children alike, who love it, warts and all, and as long as there are people like me who willingly shell out top dollar for pool privileges (this year I paid $180 for 3 tags) and continue to DONATE our time and sweat to improve it when and as we are able ...there will continue to be a swimming pool in Mountain Park....because we're the YACHT CLUB and none of us are going to stand quietly by while the officials let it fall to pieces.

Come on in...the water's great!

And so it is
Moderators: bt, Archive, editor

Jump:     Back to top

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board

© Mountain Park Life 2006 All Rights Reserved

mountainparklife.com is a community site for the City of Mountain Park.

Render time: 0.1086 sec, 0.0365 of that for queries.